2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
How much can a 2020 RAM 2500 tow? The 2020 RAM 2500 is a powerful pickup truck designed to take on any tough task on your Webster area job site. With the proper equipment, the new RAM 1500 boasts a maximum towing capacity of 19,680 pounds! For Clear Lake drivers wanting a heavy-duty pickup for their worksite duties, read on to learn more about the RAM 2500 towing capacity and available engine options with Clear Lake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT.
RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Engines
How much can a RAM 2500 tow? The 2020 RAM 1500 offers two engine types that impact its towing capacity. But which engine has the power you need to get the job done? Check out the two available 2020 RAM 1500 engine options:
- 6.4L HEMI® V8 Engine: When equipped with this engine, Houston drivers can tow up to 17,540 pounds, with a 4,010-pound max payload capacity.
- 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 Engine: Want to harness the ultimate performance capabilities of the 2020 RAM 1500? The 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine delivers a maximum towing capacity of 19,680 pounds with a maximum payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Engine Specs
- Standard: The RAM 2500 comes standard with a 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine that delivers best-in-class 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: You can opt for the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine if you need to two more weight. This engine delivers 370 hp and 850 lb-ft of torque.
RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Towing Features
When you need your RAM 1500 for large towing jobs throughout Webster, these towing features will help you get the job done with ease:
- Bed Lowering Mode: Adynamic centerline display with hookup assist that drops the rear suspension to its lowest point in order for easier trailer hookup.
- 12,000-pound rated Warn® Zeon-12 Winch: This winch isattached to your RAM 2500,andyou can be confident that it won’t kink or fray despite its lightweight.
- Trailer Camera Wiring: Utilize this system that can accommodate two cameras. These cameras can be positioned strategically on or within your trailer for safer towing when traveling. The video connects directly into your Uconnect® touchscreen so you can monitor your towed cargo right from the driver’s seat.
Explore the 2020 RAM 2500 in Action at Clear Lake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
Now that we’ve answered the frequently asked question, ‘how much can a 2020 RAM 2500 tow?’, browse our new RAM 2500 inventory. Or, compare the RAM 2500 vs. Ford F-250, then contact us to schedule a test drive and experience this powerhouse of a pickup for yourself. We know that many Pearland enjoy the convenience of taking care of tasks at home, so check out our virtual test drive feature to take a RAM 1500 for a spin, right from home. Whether you’re looking for information on financing with poor credit or vehicle overviews, we’re here to help!
More From Clear Lake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT
The all-new Jeep Gladiator combines off-roading capabilities with a powerhouse engine, making it one of the most hotly anticipated pickup trucks of the last decade. With plenty of cargo space inside and outside the cabin, seating for up to 5, and a more maneuverable size than larger pickups, the 2021 Jeep Gladiator is sure to…
There are twelve Jeep Grand Cherokee trims for you to choose from, including our 80th anniversary edition, so you can pick from your basket of plenty. If you are looking for speed or you are more interested in optimizing your off-roading around Houston, there is a Jeep Grand Cherokee trim level for you. There is…
When you take to the roads of Clear Lake in a RAM truck, you know you have an intelligently designed engine with impressive capabilities, but what kind of fuel economy can you expect with the 2021 RAM 1500? With the standard 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine with eTorque capability, the 2021 RAM 1500 gas mileage reaches up…