How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? Properly equipped, the light-duty 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. All-new for 2019, the Ram 1500 offers greater capabilities than the 2018 Ram 1500, as well as improved fuel-efficiency for the workdays ahead. Learn more about the new Ram 1500 towing capacity and other specs below!
Ram 1500 Engines & Capacities
The 2019 Ram 1500 is offered with three engines, each bringing their own unique performance capabilities to the table. Each engine gets paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8 speed automatic transmission. Here’s a quick look at their specs:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: Produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: Produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: Produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
Depending on the trim, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
When it comes to towing, the 2019 Ram 1500 doesn’t rely on stark engine power alone. This light-duty pickup offers some of the best features in its class to help you tow a camper or equipment through Clear Lake. Here’s a few examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the Ram 1500 earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Houston and Pearland roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
Test Drive the 2019 Ram 1500 at Clear Lake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT in Webster!
Contact us to learn more about the 2019 Ram 1500, or read more about the MOPAR warranty and our Houston area body shop. Our sales and finance team will help you find the perfect car or truck that fits your budget, and estimate the most accurate monthly payments to help you plan your purchase in advance. Are you curious about how other vehicles we offer perform? See how much the Jeep Grand Cherokee can tow, learn more about our used Ram truck inventory, or read about the new 2020 Jeep Gladiator engine specs, 2020 Jeep Gladiator price, and 2020 Jeep Gladiator dimensions.
Want the latest and greatest in RAM technology and performance? Be sure to take a look at our 2020 RAM 1500 preview!
More on the Ram 1500
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, this light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Clear Lake-area truck buyers can learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs below! Learn More View Inventory RAM 1500 Engines &…
The 2019 RAM 1500 weight ranges from 4,798 lbs and 5,374 lbs before being loaded to capacity or hooked up for towing. It’s built to allow for high towing capabilities and max payload capacity. In terms of Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), it offers between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs. Visit Clear Lake Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT near Clear Lake to…
How much can a Ram 1500 tow? Properly equipped, the light-duty 2019 Ram 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. This earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. All-new for 2019, the Ram 1500 offers greater capabilities than the 2018 Ram 1500, as well as improved fuel-efficiency for the workdays ahead. Learn…